Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Baby Bump

Today I am officially 27 weeks and officially in my third trimester! I thought week 28 was the start of the third trimester but after some research it is 27! I cannot believe that time has flown by so quickly and I cannot believe how much I am growing!!! As you will see below, I had a big growth spurt between weeks 20 and 24. As far as the pregnancy goes, this has been such a fun time. The only symptom of pregnancy I have had is a growing belly bump. I haven't had any cravings, leg cramps, back pain, etc. I am sure those are on its way. I have had a lot of energy and have felt great which I am very thankful for. Holt has been moving a lot. At first, it seemed he moved mostly in the mornings and evenings and took a nap during working hours. However, now he seems to be moving throughout the whole day.

The only negative that I have experienced is that several people (usually staff in the offices I call on) have made comments that my belly is "so big." I don't think people mean this to be ugly but honestly, how can you think telling someone that they are huge is a compliment! At first, it really hurt my feelings. I am not using pregnancy as an excuse to eat whatever I want or to sit on the couch all day! I work full days, I try to exercise at least 3 times a week, and I am eating 3 meals a day. I am gaining weight at the proper rate and all of it seems to be going straight to my belly right now. Sometimes I think it is the maternity tops I wear too that make me look bigger than I actually am. When I wear the flowy tops I get more comments than when I wear a fitted top. I buy the flowy tops bigger so I can wear them throughout the rest of my pregnancy. However, I can't quit wearing the these tops because then I would have nothing to wear to work. My options are sort of limited right now! A couple of weeks ago, I made the decision to just ignore these rude comments and have started to politely respond by saying that my doctor says I am measuring right on! This usually keeps people quiet. In all honesty, my doctor is the only person I should be listening to. She is the person who knows best!

Tuesday, I am going in for my diabetes test and my 4D ultrasound. Chad has a meeting and can't be there so my mom is going to go with me. I am excited to get to share this appointment with her. She hasn't asked or pushed to go to an appointment with me but when I asked her to go I could tell it really meant a lot to her especially since I am her only daughter. Honestly, it means a lot to me that my mom wants to be there too. She is my best friend and I want her to be as involved as she possibly can. I can't wait to get another look at our precious baby boy. I will post pictures when I get them.

As for the nursery, I have made a lot of progress. My goal now is to be done by the beginning of March. I am waiting on a few things to be delievered. They are scheduled to be here next week! Also, I am searching for a rug. Once I get these things in the room, I will post pictures. I want to wait until the room looks more complete!

20 weeks

24 weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment