Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

36 Weeks

I am currently 36 weeks. I cannot believe in less than 4 weeks Holt could be here! I went to the doctor last week and she did check me to see if I was making any progress. No surprise, but nothing had happened. She took final blood work and performed the strep test and we talked in depth about what to expect going forward. I felt a lot better after leaving the appointment. Even though, we have no clue as to how this labor story will go down, I feel like I have the knowledge needed to be prepared. Today, I went for my 36 week appointment. It was very "vanilla." She didn't check me this time but will start weekly check ups next week until delivery. My blood work looked good and the strep test came back negative...so really nothing new to report. My doctor asked me if I have been having contractions and to be honest...I don't really know. I have been having tightening which according to her are false contractions so as of right now...I haven't had anything that I would say is a "contraction." I do hope I make some progress prior to Holt's due date. I don't want him to come early but I don't want to be 40 weeks pregnant and nothing! We will just see how I do going forward and take it week by week.

As far as how I am feeling, I feel great! I am surprised because I expected that towards the end I would start feeling sort of crummy...but I still feel good and have plenty of energy so for that I am thankful! I realize that at any point going forward, I could start feeling differently so I am enjoying feeling good while it last.

It has really hit both Chad and I that we only have few weeks left of just "Chad and Fleming". I got a little emotional about it this weekend. I am very excited to be welcoming Holt into our lives and I know that once he is here we will wonder how we ever lived without him, but I still want to cherish these last moments with just Chad before we become parents. Therefore, we are trying to spend as much time together as we can just us two.

Hopefully after my appointment next week, I will have something to report. Below is my 36 week picture. I am going to try to take weekly pictures from here on out until Holt arrives.

No comments:

Post a Comment