Today I moved on from a smaller car to a bigger one. The company I work for provides company vehicles and thankfully, they offer some pretty nice choices. For the past couple of years I have driven a cute Audi A3. It was perfect for just me but now that we are expecting our first child, it wasn't so kid friendly. In fact, the inside was much smaller than most people realize. I had my car seat installed about a week ago to see what I was working with and in order to fit the car seat in the car, I had to move the passenger seat all the way to the dashboard. Therefore, no one could ride with me in the car unless they rode in the backseat behind the driver's side. That's no fun! Therefore, I called my company to see if they had a larger vehicle available. Normally, we get to pick from a list of vehicles and select the color but since I was asking for a huge favor, I couldn't get too picky and had to willing to take whatever they had available. Thankfully, they were kind enough to provide me with a larger vehicle. Within 15 minutes, my company had located a car in Arkansas....a Dodge Caravan!!! I know you are laughing thinking that I will be driving a Dodge Caravan for the next year or so...but just when you think it can't get any worse...it does...the van is red!!!! Yes, red! (It looks a little orange in the picture but it is really a deep red). I called them on Monday and by today I had my new ride! Therefore, I had very little time to adjust to the reality that this is the direction my life is heading as we prepare to become parents. I know this direction is a good thing. and I know that once Holt is here, the last thing that will be on my mind is my cute little Audi! The van really isn't all that bad. It is enormous compared to my previous car. I can fit all of my sales materials, car seat, and still have room to fit my stroller and all the baby necessities we will need once he is here. It is also decked with power doors (both sides), DVD player, headphones, and a lot of things I know will come in handy as Holt grows and hopefully, more children enter the picture. The major plus is that it is free! Chad won't fully admit it, but he seems to have taken a strong liking to the new red van! You can't miss this vehicle...so when you see me cruising around...don't be embarrassed to wave! So without further adieu...here she is...my new ride!!!
 |
| My cute little Audi...you will be missed :( |
 |
| I told you Chad liked it! |
!
No comments:
Post a Comment