Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, August 17, 2012

First Day of School

Holt started school on August 6th. I don't go back to work until September 19th but we went ahead and started him at Brookwood Baptist Early Childhood Center. I was dreading taking him because I have really enjoyed my time at home with him. I thought I would fall to pieces but I haven't. In fact, I have done very well because he has done so well. He smiles at his teachers all the time and he loves watching his friends that are in his class. He naps and eats well. His teachers are precious and I know he is well taken care of. I think the reason I have not had a complete come apart is because I am still close by and can go get him whenever I please. However, I try to leave him there for a couple of hours each day so I can go run errands but also to get him and me use to him being there. When I return to work on the September 19th, I think it will be a smooth transition. I highly recommend starting your child in daycare prior to going back to work so one can get use to the transition. Of course I will miss my little man more than words can say but I am excited that Holt will have that social time with children his age. Below are some pictures from his first day. Sorry I look like a bum but I was headed to the gym after we dropped him off.


No comments:

Post a Comment