Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, December 29, 2012

Holt's 1st Christmas

Christmas has always been my favorite holiday but now that we have a child, it makes it so much more fun. We really enjoyed this Christmas and we started some of our own traditions.

We started the Christmas festivities on Friday with Holt's Christmas party at school. Chad couldn't make it due to work, but I headed over to celebrate with Holt, his classmates, and his teachers. I rarely run into the other moms/dads during the week because Holt gets to school later (8:45) and leaves earlier (4/4:30) than most the other children so it was nice to get to meet and mingle with the other parents from his class. After the party, I headed straight to the hospital to wait for my niece to arrive. Liz was scheduled for a C-section at 1:15. By 2:30, we were in the room meeting sweet Chandler.


 

Holt's sweet teachers...Carrie, Victoria, Kate, and Ashley
Chandler
The next shindig was at my family's annual Christmas party on the 23rd. My mom has been having this get together since she and my dad got married. Its a lot of people that attend and now that Jarod, Tyler, and myself are married, we include the in-laws. As more and more children come in to the picture, the party grows and grows! It is a lot of fun.

I was a little worried that Holt would be cranky and tired at the party since he would be up way past his bedtime but he did great. He met a lot of my family for the first time and he seemed to really enjoy all the people watching.









Christmas Eve we went to my parents' house like always. Liz and Chandler couldn't make it since they went home from the hospital earlier that morning but Jarod came for a little while. We had dinner then opened gifts. We got home around 9 and put Holt straight to bed since Santa was heading our way! Chad wanted to watch a Christmas movie after we put Holt to bed. He suggested "Its a Wonderful Life." I said I had never seen it. Chad was completely shocked and went into a long rant about how I had to see it and it was such a great movie. Therefore, we searched Direct TV, Netflix, and everything in between until we found it. I watched most of it but fell asleep towards the end and had to finish it Christmas afternoon. It have to admit it was a good movie!





Christmas morning we woke up and fed Holt like always around 6:30. Then Chad set up the camera in the living room and I carried Holt down to see what Santa had left him. Holt must have been very good this year because Santa brought lots of good toys such as a red wagon, a foam puzzle floor, a dance and play puppy, some new pajamas, stacking cups, and lots of books. Santa brought me a Keurig coffee maker and a food processor. Santa brought Chad some Allen Edmonds shoes, a new belt, socks, and a best of Rolling Stones CD that we downloaded into iTunes.

After gifts, I started to prepare lunch for family that was heading over that afternoon. It was my first time cooking for Christmas so I was a little nervous it wasn't going to be good but Chad assured it was. I guess I better get use to cooking on Christmas since Chad and I have decided that we are going to spend Christmas at home so Holt (and future children) can have Santa in their house.



 





It was such a special time for us as a family. I know Holt doesn't know what is going on but there was a lot of time for Chad and I to reflect on how lucky and thankful we are. God has granted us with so many blessings. I hope Holt will grow to love this holiday and come to know the true meaning of Christmas.

Happy Birthday Jesus!
 
"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given, and the government shall be upon his shoulders. And his name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace"-Isaiah 9:6  
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment