Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 24, 2013

8 Months Old

Holt turned 8 months old last week. I couldn't post because I was in Las Vegas for work. I had to cheat and take his month picture a few days before since I was going to be out of town.

The biggest milestone is that Holt is officially mobile. He started crawling not long after he turned 7 months old. He is also pulling up on things so we lowered his crib as low as it can possibly go. He is very curious and is into everything. He has started dancing and shaking his head when he hears music he likes. He is teething really bad but still only has two bottom teeth.

Its has been somewhat of a rough month with sickness. Per my previous post, Holt did in fact get the flu. He also got diagnosed with a left ear infection when he got diagnosed with the flu. He did 10 days of amoxicillin. When we went back for an ear check, his ear was still infected so we tried Omnicef for 10 days. We went back again for an ear check and guess what....not only was his left ear still infected but his right had become infected. Holt's doctor recommended 3 consecutive days of rocephin shots in hopes that it would knock them out. On Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday of this week we took Holt in and lets just say it wasn't fun. If you have ever had a rocephin shot then you know what I mean. They hurt like the dickens. Thankfully, it looks like the shots have helped but we go back in 2 weeks to make sure Holt's ears are still clear. If they aren't or Holt gets another ear infection within the next few months then we will be heading to the ENT to discuss tubes. I feel so bad that his little ears have been so infected. I honestly would never have known if they hadn't found it while he had the flu. He has been pretty pleasant and happy to have had such a rough bout with his ears. I also hate pumping my baby full of all these antibiotics at such a young age. I hope his ears stay clear but if they don't I am not anti-tubes. I know that they can make a world of difference. My nephew got them and they really helped him.

We are still feeding Holt baby food. He is definitely ready for table food but we have been so focused on getting him well that I haven't had the chance to introduce new foods. I also want to get the go ahead from his pediatrician before we move in that direction. He still gets four 7 oz. bottles a day. My supply has dropped due to being out of town so we are doing two formula bottles and two breast milk bottles. I keep saying I am going to quit pumping but I haven't yet. I honestly am ready to quit but I also feel guilty so I am just going keep pumping for the now.

We love you Holt. You are such a sweet baby and you fill our hearts with such joy.





 






1 comment:

The York Family said...

Sweet buddy. Are his ears any better now?! I've been praying for yall and for health!

Post a Comment