Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 3, 2013

9 Months Old

Holt turned 9 months old on February 16th. Yes, I am behind on blogging but his 9 month appointment got pushed back due to some unexpected doctor visits so we just had his checkup on Friday. His 9 month stats are listed below.

Weight: 20.10 lbs (50%)
Height: 28.25 inches (50%)
Head Circumference: 18.25% (90%...hehe!)

Holt is now standing up and cruising the furniture. I affectionately call him "Hurricane Holt" because he is very curious and into everything. Let's just say...he is all boy! He is going through a little bit of separation anxiety so whenever we get out of his sight, he is on the move to be near either Chad or me. As his mom, I love that he wants to be near us all the time but he screamed his head off at his 9 month appointment when the pediatrician took him out of my arms to examine him. She said it was very normal but I am sure she didn't think it was cute!

The reason Holt's 9 month appointment was delayed was because he got pink eye at school. When we went to see the doctor she informed us that not only did he have pink eye, he also had a double ear infection. I felt horrible because once again, I had no indication from Holt that his ears were bothering him. Holt was given yet another antibiotic and we scheduled an appointment with the ENT to discuss tubes.  He still had fluid behind his ears at the ENT. They did a hearing test and even though his hearing is "normal" the doctor told us that babies his age typically have above average hearing. The ENT fully expects his hearing to get better once the fluid is gone. Holt is scheduled to get tubes on March 8th. I am praying that the procedure goes off without a hitch and that it will help Holt's little ears.

I have been a little frustrated these past couple of weeks due to all the illness around us. I know this comes with the territory having a daycare baby but I kind of hit a boiling point last week.  Holt has struggled with stuffy noses, ear infections, pink eye, stomach bugs, etc over the last couple of months. It has been one thing after the other for Chad and myself too. I was sick last week with a sinus infection that lingered for days and days. I am hoping that with the tubes and with spring close by that we will all turn a corner. I am sick of everyone being sick! I am so thankful that I have my parents to help out. I really don't know what I would have done without them as far as work is concerned.

As far as food, Holt still eats mostly baby food. He has tried some table food and we are really going to move forward with more after he gets his tubes. I was also hoping he would have more than his two bottom teeth to help chew the table food, but he doesn't yet. I have been trying to get him to consistently using a sippy cup. He does great with water but when I put his milk in it, he doesn't have a whole lot of interest. If anyone has any tips as to how to make the transition easier, I would greatly appreciate it.

Holt is still sleeping great (or at least at home he sleeps well). He finally naps in his crib at home usually 9-11 and 1-3 but at school he will not nap in the crib. In fact, he barely naps at school. On a good day, he might sleep 2 hours (in the swing) total but those are few and far between. I think they have gotten a little lax on napping at school which bothers me a little bit. I am big on sleep! However, Holt seems happy and he still sleeps from about 6:30-6:30 at night.

Overall Holt is still a very happy and easy baby. He is a trooper (I should learn some lessons from him). He doesn't seem to let a lot bother him which is more Chad's personality than mine. Shocking I know!

Below are some pictures from his 9 months photo shoot. It is near impossible to get a picture because Holt won't sit still and he wants to eat his paper sign. I did the best I could. He is such a stinker!!!

Happy 9 months Holt! You are my heart and we love you so much!

Valentine's Day
 
 











No comments:

Post a Comment