Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, November 10, 2013

17 Months, Pumpkin Patch, and Halloween 2013

Normally I would try to separate posts for all three of these events, but lets face it...I haven't been the best blogger lately. So since I finally found time to sit down and document what has been going on in the our "Long" journey, I found it best to do them all at once.

Holt was 17 months old on October 16th. Where does the time go? He is sweet, sweet, sweet with a touch of fire! He is really starting to talk more. I don't think strangers can understand him, but we can. Some new words/phrases are: thank you, please, mick (for mickey mouse), hotdog (for the hotdog dance in Mickey Mouse...notice a trend here?), apple, up, and sit. Most of the time he just babbles on and on in his own language.

We moved Holt into a big boy room (pictures to come later). I was worried about this transition and wanted to make sure we got Holt in his new room way before Ellington makes her debut. I don't for one second want him to think that baby sister has taken over his space. I was going to try to put him in a big boy bed but opted for the crib instead. I don't think he is close to being ready for a big boy bed and quite frankly neither am I. Therefore, the transition was very easy. He loves his new room and he loves his crib! Still sleeps all night long...woohoo!

He is starting to test us a little bit more. However, time out seems to work as of right now. He has a very strong will and is really trying to be Mr. Independent. For example, he has boycotted his booster seat and will only eat at the dinner table if he can sit in the same chair that mommy and daddy sits in. I have learned I have to pick and choose my battles, so I just let him sit in the chair of his choosing (even if it means more clean up for me). However, other things I will not let slide like not holding my hand in the parking lot at school. I am trying to teach him to hold my hand and walk in and out of school because I know once baby sister is here that will be the only way to manage. He sometimes doesn't want to hold my hand and will run in front me which is a BIG no no and results in me having to pick him up kicking and screaming in order to get him to the car safely.

He still loves being outside and anything active. It is rare that Holt is still or quiet (I guess that is why he sleeps so well) but that is all I would expect from a 17 month old little boy.

Overall, Holt is precious, sweet, and we love him to pieces.









We took Holt to the pumpkin patch at Old Baker Farm in mid October.  It was a fun outing for us as a family. He loved seeing all the animals and the hayride. However, once we got the actual pumpkin patch it had warmed up quite a bit and he was getting tired so we picked one pumpkin for Holt and headed back to head home. 


















Halloween this year was a blast. Thankfully the weather held out and we were able to enjoy it with family and friends. The day started by me picking up Holt early from school and taking him and my mom out to lunch for her birthday. She is a Halloween baby...hence the name Boo so we had to celebrate. We went to Leon over in Liberty Park and Becky, Jonathan, and Maggie joined us for the occasion. Then we went home for a nap before getting dressed up and heading over to the Willoughbys for the Halloween Parade in Crestline. Chad and Andrew stayed at the house while Laura and I took the boys to the parade. Then we hung out and ate pizza with friends until it was dark and time to go night night. 








1 comment:

Mary Louis Quinn said...

The boycotting the high chair and no hand holding sounds just like SC! Love all the pics and love the new baby's name!

Post a Comment