Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 18, 2014

Update on Pregnancy #2

Ellington could literally be here any day. I went to the doctor two weeks ago and was 2 cm and 75% effaced. I didn't really think anything of it considering that with Holt I was at 1cm, 75% effaced at 36 weeks never progressed until we induced at almost 41 weeks. However, the Saturday after my appointment I had contractions all day long. I timed them but they were not consistent so I knew it wasn't the real deal.

When I went to the doctor Wednesday, I was 4cm and 75% effaced. What?!?! We went ahead and set an induction date for Feb. 3rd but my doctor said Ellington could make her debut anytime before or I could stay where I am at until the 3rd. The good news is that because I have progressed so well so far that my labor should be much easier. So we are in the sit and wait phase which freaks me out a little since I am still working and 1-2 hours away from home everyday. I have to work all of next week and then I have vacation days that I rolled over that I am going to use for the next week prior to the induction. Therefore, my mom might ride in my car next week just to be safe. I am trying not to take any short term disability time before Ellington comes because it will cut into my time after.

Overall, I feel pretty good for being this far along but I do feel differently than I did with Holt which makes me think I might not make it to the 3rd. Our bags are packed and everything around the house is done so we are certainly ready should our little girl decide to come before the 3rd. Below is a belly pic. I will try my best to keep the blog updated with details as we learn them.


No comments:

Post a Comment