February 2, 2014
Dear Holt,
Tomorrow you become a big brother. Although I know you don’t
understand what is about to take place since you yourself are so young, I am
excited for the gift that God is giving us with your baby sister. I know that
with time you will come to understand what God has granted you in being a
big brother and take on the responsibilities of this role with great pride.
However, I wanted to take time to remind you how loved you are and how blessed
I feel every day that God chose me to be your mom.
I will never forget the day you were born. Although it
wasn’t exactly what I imagined it would be, the result was far more than I
could ever imagine it being. The result being you…my beautiful, fearless,
smart, sweet, playful, strong willed, loving little boy. Twenty months have
passed since you came into our lives and those months have been filled with
such joy. I have enjoyed watching you grow and learn but I too have grown and
learned so much from you in the short time I have been your mom. Your spirit is
infectious. Every day with you is an adventure. I knew I would love you but I
had no idea just how much. Just when I think I can’t love you anymore, God
graciously grants me another day with you and my love grows even more. I look
at you and can’t believe that you are mine to teach, laugh with, and love
forever.
Over the years there will be times when we don’t see eye to
eye but it is your dad’s and my duty to teach you obedience, right from wrong,
and most importantly teach you to love Jesus Christ above anything else. Over
the next couple of months, as we integrate your little sister into our family,
I am sure there will be times when you feel ignored and confused but please
know that you are never out of our minds or hearts. There is only one Holt
and no one will ever replace you.
As tomorrow quickly approaches, my prayer for you is that
you will embrace your role as Ellington’s big brother and come to know and love
her in a way that only a big brother can. Because of you I know how precious of
a gift a child is to a parent, but a sibling can be just as wonderful if you
allow it to be. You will be a person she looks up to for the rest of her life.
Yes that is a tall order, but from what I have seen from you, I have no doubt
you can rise to the occasion.
Holt, my first born, I want you to always know how special
you are to your dad and me. There is no one else like you and there never will
be. You are truly a blessing from above. God is good! I love you with
everything that I am. You have my whole heart always and forever. Remember how
loved you are and always dream big my sweet son!
I
love you,
Mommy



No comments:
Post a Comment