Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Ellington Elizabeth Long

We welcomed with great love our precious girl on February 3, 2014. Ellington Elizabeth arrived at 12:29 pm weighing 8lbs 14oz and was 20 inches long. She is healthy and perfect in our book! Praise be to God!

Our day began bright and early. We had to be at the hospital at 6:30 for induction. Chad's mom came down on Sunday so she could be at home with Holt while we headed to the hospital. I was so nervous about being induced and the actual delivery because of my experience with Holt. I prayed my whole pregnancy that this time around would be different. As they went to start my IV, I guess my nerves got the best of me because I had a vagal nerve response. My blood pressure dropped and I fainted in the bed. When I woke, my mom was standing directly over me and there were about 6 nurses in the room. My first thought was...please don't let this be a sign of whats to come because we aren't off to the best start. It took me about 30 minutes to get to feeling better but once I was back to myself I was good to go. The doctor came in around 7:30 and broke my water. Since I was at 4.5 cm for 2 weeks prior to delivery, things moved pretty quickly. I got my epidural around 10ish and got to 10 cm around 11. I had requested the same labor and delivery nurse that we had with Holt. Although she didn't actually get to see Holt be born since there was a nurse change, she was there with me all day and was awesome. She knew that my labor with Holt was difficult so instead of calling the doctor the second I got to 10 cm, she let me "labor down" for about an hour so Ellington would move down in stations. At noon(12:07 to be exact) , she checked me and I was 10 cm, 0 station so we called the doctor and started to push. At 12:29 our sweet girl was here. It was the easiest delivery despite her being almost a pound bigger than Holt and having the cord wrapped around her neck. God answered my prayer and brought us a healthy baby girl.

After they weighed Ellington, they handed her to me for some skin to skin contact. However, they took her from me once they realized she was extremely congested and had fluid in her lungs. They took her and stuck a tube down her and pulled a lot of fluid off of her. Chad said it was quite a bit so we question whether she really weighed 8lbs 14 oz (when they weighed her 5 hours later she was 8lbs 8oz) but 8lbs 14oz is the official birth weight so we are going with it.

The other surprise was that Ellington has a head full of dark hair! If I hadn't seen her delivered then I would not believe she is mine. In fact, she doesn't look like Chad either at first glance. However, Chad was born with the same dark hair and it lightened as he got older. I have a picture to prove it people! So, will she keep this dark hair? Who knows! There is dark hair on both sides so only time will tell.

Everything is going well here at the Long residence. Holt has welcomed Ellington with open arms and is very much in love with his baby sister. Mom and dad are in love too! God is so good! More to report in the coming days. Stay tuned!

























1 comment:

Mary Louis Quinn said...

That dark hair is something else!!!! So precious! I'm betting it will turn blonde in no time. She looks just like Chad to me! So glad things went much better this time around! Can't wait to meet her.

Post a Comment