Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Ellington 4 Months

Ellington was 4 months old on the 3rd of June and I am just now getting around to posting about it. That should give you a hint as to what the last couple of weeks have been like. Pure craziness and I am exhausted!

I'm not going to lie...the sleep department has been rough lately. I really thought we were getting in a good groove but the last week has thrown me for a loop. We had to drop the swaddle because Ellington is rolling from her back to her tummy. Yea! You go girl! She isn't doing it consistently but enough that the swaddle had to go. Well...our little princess loves the swaddle and is not going to sleep in her crib otherwise. So, what do you do when your baby refuses to sleep in her crib unswaddled? You put her in the swing of course. Its called survival! I realized that it is more the sensation of being cradled that Ellington likes. She loves being held, she loves the swing, and that is why she loved being swaddled in her crib. The first couple of nights in the swing went well with her sleeping from about 6:30 to around 3 or 4 and then back down to about 6:30, but then it took a turn for the worst. She has been up every 3 hours the last couple of nights. At first, I thought it might be teething or a growth spurt but now I'm not so sure. I pray every night that she won't be up as frequently because it is really taking its toll with me being back at work and having to drive 1,000 miles/week. I do realize that this to shall pass but this mom is hoping that day is sooner rather than later.

Otherwise, Ellington is a very sweet baby. Like I have said in past posts, her temperament seems to be calmer than Holt was at this age. She enjoys sitting and people watching. She loves it when people talk to her. She just smiles,smiles,smiles. She is my snuggle baby too. She just loves to close to you.

We took Ellington for her 4 month checkup along with Holt for his 2 year check up last week. Her stats are listed below:

Height: 24.75 inches (50-75%)
Weight: 15. 15 (50-75%)
Head Circumference: 16 inches (25-50%)

Happy belated 4 months sweet Ellington. We love you more than words can say. You are our little angel!










No comments:

Post a Comment