Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, July 6, 2014

Ellington 5 Months

I feel like we have hit a milestone in the past week. Ellington is sleeping in her crib unswaddled! I had to travel out of town for 2 nights for work last week. I left with a very uneasy feeling because Ellington was literally up all night the night before I left. We could never pinpoint the exact reason as to why but our gut feeling was a very BAD tummy ache. I had a night nurse come to help Chad for the two nights I was gone and when I returned my baby girl was sleeping in her crib unswaddled. Now, is she sleeping all night? NO...but we have made progress... we are in the crib people and now we can work on the next milestone....12 hours! I have a feeling this will take some time and work though.

Ellington is also rolling over to her stomach. She still isn't consistent with going back and forth from tummy to back so some nights she wakes up out of frustration because she can't get comfortable. I knew very early on that she would be tummy sleeper. She is definitely more comfortable on her belly. Last night was a good night. We had a hard time getting her down but once she was down she slept from 8-2 and then was back down until 7. It also helped that Chad's mom came into town to help us out. My sweet mom fell this past week and broke her hip. She had surgery on Wednesday so I have been back and forth checking on her and the kids. Chad's mom came down and spent the night on Saturday to help! (Please keep my mom in your prayers. Her surgery went well and now we need prayers for a easy and fast recovery)

Ellington definitely has tummy issues but she isn't spitting up near as much. It is night and day compared to when she was first born. I am hoping that with each month she will keep improving.

Ellington is also attempting to sit up on her own. She can sit for a few seconds and then looses her balance.

She is teething, teething, teething! It has been put into overdrive in the past week too. I wouldn't be surprised if we see a tooth within the next week or so. I have been using teething tablets but they don't seem to soothe her as much as they did Holt.

When awake, Ellington really enjoys the jumper. However, her favorite thing to do is watch her big brother Holt. She thinks he is hilarious! Holt can make her laugh better than anyone. It is so cute to watch.

She loves kisses too. Ellington is definitely our cuddle baby. When holding her she will lean back and wait for us to give her kisses. If we don't do it immediately, she will kick her arms and legs around until we do.

We took Ellington to the pool for the first time this month. She loved the water. We didn't keep her in there for long because I was so worried she would burn but she is a good ole water baby too just like her big brother!

Ellington you are so sweet and we love you so much! Happy 5 Months!











No comments:

Post a Comment