Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 16, 2017

Emerson 2 Months Old

Emerson was 2 months old on Sunday. She still continues to be an sweet and easy baby. She started to wake up more this past month and has gotten herself on a pretty good schedule eating about every 3 hours. As far as naps, I just let her sleep when she seems tired but I do try to keep her awake after 4 in the afternoon so she is tired by bedtime which is usually around 7.

At 6 weeks she must have gone through the traditional growth spurt and bedtime was interesting for about a week. She would not go to sleep like normal and wanted to eat, eat, eat until about 10-11 each night. The silver lining is she usually slept until 6-7 the next morning during this time. However, another thing that might have contributed to this behavior is that I quit swaddling her pretty early on since she was sleeping in the rock n play. I started swaddling her again at 7 weeks and what do you know...she slept from 7 to 3 and then up at 7. She did this every night until her 2 month birthday when she woke up at 1 and 4 and 7. This might have been a fluke but when I took her for her 2 month check up the doctor got on to me for having her in the rock n play and said I had to put her in the crib for safety reasons. So since Monday, we have been in the crib and it has been a little rough. The first night she woke up again at 1 and 4 and then up for the day at 6:30. Last night she was up at 12:30, 2:30, 4:30, and 7 for the day. However, last night was pretty good. She woke up at 2:30 and then again at 5:30 and went back to sleep until 7. I inclined the crib last night so I think that helped. I am determined to stick with the crib as I know it is safer and she needs to be in it before I go back to work but I sure do miss that rock n play.

Emerson hardly cries but her fussy time is during the witching hour around 5. The only times she has completely lost it is when she is overtired so I try to be mindful of that. She can be difficult to get to sleep for naps depending on the day. Overall, she is pretty chill and easy. 

Emerson is so smiley now and it makes my heart melt. She LOVES it when you talk to her and she lights up like a Christmas tree.

Holt and Ellington adore her. The last thing and first thing they do before they leave for school and get home is kiss her little feet. It is so sweet and I know Emerson loves them too!

I'm trying to give her more bottles during the day as she starts daycare in March so I need her taking bottles well and an idea of how much milk to send but honestly nursing is so much easier. How I pumped exclusively with Holt and Ellington for 10 months is beyond me!

At Emerson's 2 month check up she got a clean bill of health and a round of shots which left her with a slight fever for a day. Her stats are below.

Emerson you are a joy and we love you to pieces! Happy 2 month birthday sweet baby girl!

Weight: 11.8 lbs (50%)
Height: 23.75 inches (75%)
Head Circumference: 15 inches (50%) 



















No comments:

Post a Comment