It was so nice to be off work for a couple of days this past week to celebrate Thanksgiving with family and gear up for Christmas. We spent Thanksgiving with my family this year since Chad had to work Wednesday and Friday. I greatly looked forward to eating all the good food (especially my mom's dressing) and this year it did not disappoint. Chad's mom stopped by later that night so we could visit with her for a bit. It was good to see her.
Friday I spent all day (and I mean literally all day registering for baby stuff). I thought it would only take 30 minutes to an hour but boy was I wrong. There are so many choices for each category, I found myself doing a lot of research which is why it took me so long. I don't know if my research did me any good...I am even more confused now than I was before! My friend, Laura, took a look at it on Saturday and helped me make some changes and my sister-in-law is going to do the same so hopefully I will have a good list by the time my baby shower rolls around.
Saturday, we geared up for the infamous Iron Bowl. As you know, we are a house divided so we look forward to this game every year. We do very well on game day. Even though we love our teams deeply, we still realize it is just a game so we try not to take it too seriously. Our dogs even get into the game day spirit. Bully is an Alabama fan and Max is an Auburn fax. We normally head down for the game, but this year we opted to stay home. Our friends, Laura and Andrew (who are also a house divided), came over with their little boy, Mac, and we watched the games in separate rooms. Girls (Alabama fans) upstairs, boy (Auburn fans) downstairs. This year I was very happy with the outcome! Maybe this year's national champions will once again reign the the great state of Alabama! Only time will tell. Roll Tide!
 |
| Bully, our Alabama fan |
 |
| Max, our Auburn fan |
 |
| Pre-Game warm up...tackling Chad |
Saturday also, marked my official 16 week mark. I have to say this has been a very easy pregnancy in my opinion. The first 3 months, I did not feel well at all. I constantly felt like I was going to get sick but I never did. I actually found myself praying to get sick because I thought it would make me feel better but it just wasn't in the cards. However, once I hit the 12 week mark, it was like a switch had been hit and I felt dramatically better. I finally felt like Fleming again. I tried not to complain too much about the sick feeling because I knew it was to be expected. I did have some severe pain Friday night that gave Chad and I a scare. It only lasted for about 5 minutes. Once I did some research, I believe I was suffering from what is known as round ligament pain. According to what I have read, most pregnant women experience some degree of round ligament pain but the extent of the pain varies from person to person. Some don't really notice while others like me experience pain that is very alarming but in the end is nothing worry about. I am trying very hard not to be someone who overreacts about things but when it is your first pregnancy, it can be somewhat difficult, but besides a few hiccups, I would say this pregnancy has been very "vanilla" for which I am very thankful.
I am starting show as you can see from the picture below. In my opinion, I think I have been showing for awhile now but I think it has only become noticeable to other people since probably last week or so. I am in that in between stage where my clothes still fit but I probably will need to get some maternity pants within the next couple of weeks. I am not dreading maternity clothes. In fact, I think the idea behind maternity pants is genius. They look way more comfortable than regular pants. I am actually looking forward to buying some. I might be liable to wear them even when not pregnant!!!
 |
| 16 weeks pregnant |
Today, I spent all day decorating for Christmas. I was not looking forward to spending all day doing this but once the lights lit up on our tree and Chad tuned the radio to 96.5 (Christmas music 24/7), I was officially in the Christmas spirit. I really do love this time of year, and I had fun decorating our home for our last Christmas as a family of two!
 |
| Christmas tree 2011 |
 |
| Its beginning to look a lot like Christmas! |
 |
| Our mantel |
 |
| Den |
 |
| The reason for the season! |
 |
| Dining room table |
Tomorrow, I head back to work. I only have three more weeks of work for the remainder of the year! I always save up vacation time to take one week off before Christmas and my company shuts down from Christmas to New Years so it will be nice to have a two week break. I will be using that time to start working on the nursery which my mom and I are greatly looking forward too.
Until next time...love,
Fleming
No comments:
Post a Comment