Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, December 22, 2011

It's a...

Boy! Chad and I officially found out yesterday that we are indeed having a boy. We actually found out a couple of weeks ago (14 weeks) when an office that I call on did an ultrasound on me. They sealed the results so Chad and I could find out the sex together. However, I have heard so many stories of couples being told one gender early on in the pregnancy and then being told another at the 20 week ultrasound. Therefore, I had my reservations but after yesterday's appointment there is absolutely no doubt that we are having a son!





I actually had an intuition that we were having a boy. I put a down payment on boy bedding at 12 weeks! I found the most beautiful bedding at Storkland. It was the last one they had and they no longer make it so I went with my gut feeling and put some money down on the bedding. They were so sweet to work with and they told me that if the baby ended up being a girl they would let me put my down payment towards something else in the store. However, I just knew that wouldn't be necessary. I already have my crib and bedding set up in the room that will be our nursery. I will post pictures once the room starts to look more complete.  I have a changing table coming next week and my glider should be in by mid January. I am hoping the room will be complete by March. Yes, I realize I am not due until May but I am a typically type A personality. Chad says I am nesting...I say I am getting things done!

Everything checked out wonderfully at our doctor's appointment. Baby Long is measuring just as he should and that is what I am most thankful for! The ultrasound tech told me he weighed around 11 ounces. So tiny! I have also started feeling him move around and he seems to be quite active.

As for a name...we don't have that down just yet and it is driving me (and my mother) crazy! I have a ton of girl names but boy names are much harder. We do know that Chadwick will be the middle name. Of course, this is after Chad but my best friend Kacy's full name is Kathryn Chadwick Ellis. I have always said since I was young that I was going to have a child named Chadwick. Well it must be fate, because I ended up marrying a Chadwick too! I have always loved that name and love that it will be passed on to our little boy! As soon as we have the name completed, I will let you know. I am hoping we can get it figured out by the new year.

Merry Merry Christmas Everyone!

1 comment:

Mary Louis Quinn said...

Yay! So glad it's official! :)

Post a Comment