Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Holt's Nursery and 32 Week Picture

We have finished the nursery and I absolutely love how it turned out! My original goal was to have it done by the beginning of March and for the most part it was...but we had a chandelier that needed some work and wiring replaced so we just got it installed (thanks to our friend Andrew) this past week which made the nursery complete. Chad and my mom have helped me so much and I could not have gotten everything done without them. Bully and Max love the nursery too. Every chance they get they sneak in the there and lounge on the carpet as if it is their room. Boy are they in for a rude awakening when we bring Holt home from the hospital! Hopefully, they will still love being in there as much as they do now once he is here. I have several favorite items from the nursery...
              1. The blue rocking chair. My sweet grandmother bought me a baby rocking chair when she found out I was pregnant. My mom agreed to hand paint it for her so it would go with the colors of the nursery. She passed away a couple of weeks before my baby shower, but my mom was able to give it to me on her behalf at the shower. Every time I look at it, I think of her and how lucky I am to have had such an amazing woman in my life. It will be so special to tell Holt that his great grandmother gave that to him when he is old enough to sit and play in it.
              2. Sweet Dreams chandelier medallion and blue ceiling. I found the medallion on Etsy. The business website is www.mariericci.com and she has the cutest ceiling and chandelier medallions for children. You can have them painted to match your room colors but I choose to keep mine white since our chandelier and ceiling are shades of blue.I decided that I didn't want the walls painted blue because they were a neutral color to begin with and I wanted to keep the room somewhat neutral with touches of blue. Instead, I decided to paint the ceiling a soft shade of blue. Sweet Chad painted it for me and I love the way it turned out!
             3. "Holt" framed picture. My mom gave this to me at my baby shower. She knows a woman who makes these in her spare time when she is not teaching school. I think it is so sweet and goes perfectly with the decor of the nursery.

Here are pictures of the nursery. All that is missing is Holt!




Rocking chair from my grandmother


Charcoal art that Chad doesn't like because he thinks they are scary! However, he knows I love them so he agreed to let them stay.





Holt's closet...love baby clothes!

Rocking horse from my aunt, Marla
I am currently 34 weeks but below is my 32 week picture (please excuse the pjs). I am still feeling pretty good but have noticed that I getting more tired towards the end of the day. I haven't had any braxton hicks contractions so I don't know if that is something I will experience or not. Again, things are very vanilla and there isn't much to report which I know is a good thing. I do feel like the pregnancy has started to slow down. I feel like the first 30 weeks flew by and now I feel like the weeks are going by slower and slower. I guess that is normal. One thing I am over is the maternity clothes. I want a pair of colored jeans (pink or blue) so bad and I know it will probably be later in the summer before I can buy some. Hopefully, they will still be in style when that times comes. Either way I am still going to buy a pair! Even though time seems like it has slowed down, I am not wishing this time away by any means since I know it will be the last time it is just Chad and me (Bully and Max too). I am really trying to enjoy our time as a family of just two. In two weeks, I will start going to the doctor weekly and we will start checking to see what progress I am making. The end is nearing which is really hard to believe.
32 weeks


2 comments:

Mary Louis Quinn said...

The nursery is beautiful, Fleming! Y'all did a great job!

The York Family said...

Love the nursery! Absolutely adorable!

Post a Comment