We went to the doctor Monday for his 1 month appointment. Holt weighed 11 lbs (75% ), he was 22 inches (75%), and his head circumference was 15.25 inches (90%). As you can see, we have a big boy! I was kind of surprised he weighed 11 lbs but I shouldn't be since all he does is eat! The doctor assured me that he was perfectly healthy and that he was just a growing boy. Holt did pretty well until they gave him his second hepatitis B shot and then he screamed his head off until we got into the parking lot. Thankfully, my mom was in the waiting room so I had reinforcement once I got out of the office.
Holt is a pretty good baby. We put Holt down at 7. He wakes up around 11 and 3 and is up for the day around 6 or 7. However based on his size, I think he will sleep through the night very soon. He is smiling and he holds his head up very well. He loves ceiling fans, bright paintings, looking at himself in the mirror, and laying in his nap nanny by our french doors when it is sunny. I know they say babies can't see past their nose when they are this little but he acts like he sees things..it must be the variations in light. My favorite thing to do is lay him on my lap and talk to him. He just stares and listens to everything I say. He does have his moments of fussiness. He does not burp well at all. When we can't get him to burp he gets a little gassy and therefore, fussy and of course, when he is hungry he gets very upset. He is definitely his mother's child when is comes to that! He was born with a head full of brown hair and as you can see from the picture below, he is losing it a little more each day. My guess is that it will come back somewhat lighter but only time will tell. Overall, Holt is doing great at 1 month old! Life is good!



1 comment:
Holt is beautiful! I loved his newborn pics! I can't wait to meet him! And they can see in focus about 8 inches from their face, and out of focus further than that, so I'm sure he can see all of those things!
Post a Comment