I wanted to focus on Holt as a big brother since that is the biggest life event that has taken place since he has been 21 months! I fully expected Holt's reaction to Ellington to be a little icy. He is so use to being the center of our attention that I didn't think he would welcome Ellington with open arms. Well, I completely underestimated my sweet little boy. His reaction to his new little sister was so warm and loving. We have only had a few episodes of "jealousy." It mostly consists of him telling whoever is holding Ellington to put her down and hold him. These episodes are few and far between though. He is simply in love with Ellington. If she cries in another room he asks to "check on baby..." and runs to the room she is in to see if she is ok. Every morning, he gives her a kiss before heading to school. According to his teachers at school, he even ran into the "baby" room at school looking for Ellington. Hilarious! He loves sitting in her glider in the morning while I get her up for the day and he enjoys laying on the activity mat with her ( we are close by so he doesn't accidentally knock her in the head). He is so sweet to her and it melts my heart. I am so looking forward to how the bond between these two will grow over the years to come.
Holt is becoming more verbal everyday and it really starting to form sentences. One thing he has become very interested in is the potty. I guess they talk about it at school because I have deliberately avoided the issue because I don't want to even think about potty training right now. To be honest, he is too young in my opinion. However, he wants to sit on the potty any chance he gets and he wants to read potty books that were handed down to us from Chad's aunt. Balls are still his favorite toy. The boy loves them! He kicks, throws, attempts to dribble them. We have to be very careful since Ellington is in the house now. I think it is safe to say that Holt will enjoy sports and being outside.
Holt we love you so much! You are such a joy in our lives.











No comments:
Post a Comment