Holt is 22 months old. It is hard to believe I am in the process of planning his 2nd birthday! Where does the time go? Holt hasn't slowed down...he is full speed all the time. He loves being outside (looking forward to more consistent warmer weather). He plays with his golf clubs, rides in his wagon, throws and kicks balls, and loves to drive his truck that we got him for Christmas. He is all boy!
His favorite movie is Monsters Inc. He loves it! He also loves to "scare" people. At night Holt and I turn into the scary monsters we are and scare Daddy. Holt gets a kick out of it and Daddy goes to bed terrified from all the scaring we have done. Holt loves to sing his ABCs. He gets most of the letters right. He also loves to count to 10 and we are working on counting to 20. At bedtime (when I am able to put Holt to bed after Ellington has gone to sleep), I sit with Holt on his bed and we sing songs. His favorite songs right now are "Jesus Loves the Little Children" and "You Are My Sunshine." He sways from side to side and chimes in on the parts he knows. It is precious! He is also starting responding we say "I love you." He usually responds sweetly with "I luv you too." Melts my heart!
However, not everything he does is cute or sweet. He is definitely testing Chad and I these days. Holt is going through what I can only describe as the terrible twos. There are times when he has a full blown temper tantrum when something doesn't go his way. When these episodes occur, it is not for the fainthearted. They can last for awhile. We usually put him in time out or in his crib and just ignore the behavior until he calms down but I am not sure how well that is working. We might need to try to other methods and see how they go. Any suggestions from you mom's of spunky, strong willed toddlers is greatly appreciated. Thankfully, these tantrums are few and far between but hard nonetheless. He is also trying to delay bedtime as much as he can by asking for everything under the sun like water, food, etc. It amazes me how quickly these tiny humans catch on to manipulating their parents. We just have to stick to our guns and go on with the bedtime routine as we should. Its difficult sometimes because even in the mist of manipulating us, Holt can be so cute and charming making it very difficult to not give in.
Holt, we adore you beyond words. You keep us on our toes and we love you for it! Happy 22 Months my sweet boy!
Disneyland Trip Day 4- Second Day in the Parks
8 years ago







No comments:
Post a Comment