Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 3, 2014

Ellington 2 Months Old

Ellington is 2 months old! She is growing, growing, growing. Look at those chubby cheeks...they are just lovable! We went to the doctor Monday and she got a clean bill of health. She got her first set of shots and slept most of the day from that. She has finally recovered from her cold and we got Zantac to see if that helps her with her suspected acid reflux. So far, it seems to help a little bit especially at night. She seems to sleep better. Before the Zantac, Ellington would squirm all night long. She just seemed really uncomfortable. But now, she's still active but not near as much. I just have babies that like to move it, move it. Holt would do 360s in the bed at night. Ellington's stats are listed below:

Height: 22.25 inches (50%)
Weights: 12lbs (75%)
Head Circumference: 15 inches (50%)

As far as routine, we are working on one. I try to put Ellington down between 6-6:30ish. She usually wakes around 2:30 and is down again until 6:30ish. Getting her to stay asleep at "bedtime" has been the biggest challenge. There are nights that she will sleep for about an hour and then wake up again. It can take us several attempts to get her back to sleep. I have to remember that as long as we stick with our routine that eventually she will fall into it...it is a marathon not a sprint. Consistency is key!

Ellington started school on Tuesday. I was so worried about taking her. She is in a class with 8-12 months old! That was the only way they could get us in at the time we needed it ( I go back to work at the beginning of May). According to her teachers, Ellington did great! Of course, she sleeps most of the time she is there but nevertheless, she has handled the transition much better than I anticipated. Her teachers are really sweet and I know she is in good hands. Plus, Holt requests to go check on Ellington several times a day in which his teachers comply and take him by her room to see her!

Ellington has started smiling especially when she sees faces she recognizes. For the most part, she eats every 3.5-4 hours. She is different from Holt in that she only goes to the bathroom every couple of days (sorry if TMI but I need to document for my memory). I was worried about it at first but the doctor assures me that this can be normal for some breastfed babies. However, I have to make sure I have change of clothes handy for when she does go! Its just lovely! Now that she is on the mend, she seems to be relatively calm. Of course I am comparing her to my wild 22 month old boy so anyone looks calm compared to him! She is still sporting that spiky hairdo...it just won't lay down and her hair is still dark. However, when you pull her hair back the roots are light! I guess she will rock the ombre look if it comes in blonde.

Ellington we love you so much! You are just a doll! Happy 2 months sweet girl!







Ellington's 1st day of school

1st Day of School for Ellington




No comments:

Post a Comment