Yesterday we had his class Easter Egg Hunt. Guess how many eggs Holt had in his basket at the end of the hunt? The answer would be a big, fat ZERO. Instead of picking up the eggs and placing them in his basket, Holt picked up the eggs and threw them across the playground. Even though he knew they were eggs, he opted to treat them like balls. His teachers had to take a few eggs from his friends baskets so Holt would have some candy to eat! We are going to another hunt tomorrow. We will see how that one goes!
He is talking and repeating everything that he hears. His new phrase that he likes to say is "stop touching me." I have no idea where he heard that but he says it all the time...even when no one is touching him or even close by. I am guessing he picked it up at school. We are still struggling with Holt listening. He is very stubborn and if he doesn't want to do something then we constantly have to repeat ourselves to get him to follow through. This usually ends with Holt taking a trip to time out. Even though he can be a little hard headed he is a very happy little boy! We are also having an issue with Holt eating meat. He loves fruits and veggies but he doesn't want chicken, steak, etc. I am going to have to get creative so I can get some protein in this boy!
At bedtime, Holt loves to read books and sing songs. He usually requests Brown Bear, Brown Bear and he ask me to sing "You Are My Sunshine" and "Baby Boy/Girl" (a song my mom made up for us as kids that I now sing to Holt and Ellington). The other night Chad was doing bedtime with Holt and he caught a few moments on camera. Hehe...sweet boy! I could just eat him up. I love bedtime because it really is a special time for me with my children...especially after a long day of work (I go back on May 5th and I am not looking forward to it!)
Holt we love you so much. You are a joy and you have our hearts! Happy 23 months!



No comments:
Post a Comment