Christmas was very low key this year. We went to my parents on the 23rd for dinner and presents with them. On Christmas Eve we stayed home. I hated missing church but with Emerson being so young I just didn't want to risk her picking something up. Plus, Ellington was getting over strep so it was best to confine ourselves. We baked cookies for Santa, a cake for Jesus, and sprinkled the yard with reindeer food. We opened family gifts then it was off to bed so Santa could visit. Before Holt went to bed, he asked me to call Santa to see if he could make our house his last stop. I told him I would see what I could do! Well, I don't know if we were the last stop on his list (we were asleep of course when he came by) but he certainly was good to us! He left Holt a bike and all the appropriate safety gear, hot wheels, and a race track! Ellington got a princess scooter, doll house, and nail polish! Emerson received a new rocking chair, books, and bath towels!
After presents, we prepared to host lunch at our house with my parents and Chad's mom and grandmother. Since it was 100 degrees and sunny on Christmas day, after the lunch we all went outside to watch Holt and Ellington test out their new toys. I'm glad it was warm so the kids could get some fresh air but it certainly didn't feel like Christmas. Overall, Christmas was great and we are very blessed!
Disneyland Trip Day 4- Second Day in the Parks
8 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment