We have a date! We are scheduled for induction this Wednesday at 6:30. I just got home from the doctor and I have made some progress... Holt has dropped further down into position but I am around 2.5 cm dilated but still 75% effaced. However, I am not having regular contractions (that I have noticed) so my doctor thinks it is best to go ahead and get the ball rolling. We tried to let nature run its course but Holt just needs a little boost. At this point, since we are past the due date, a decision had to be made and induction was her recommendation. She said since I have made progress, she has no concerns with inducing at this point. In fact, she felt that waiting longer could just lead to unnecessary complications. I feel very good about the way my doctor has handled the situation and trust that she has our baby's and my best interest at heart. Of course, we still don't know what labor will be like. I am going to try my best to deliver but a c-section might be in the cards. And if that is the case, then so be it.
I have to admit that I feel a sense of relief. Even though, we had hoped he would come on his own, having a date on the books is allowing me to relax a little bit more. The anticipation of labor has been all I could think about this past week. Even though I am still pretty comfortable for being 40 weeks pregnant, emotionally, it has taken its toll. Every little movement or weird feeling I've thought...could this be it. Now we have an end in sight. Wednesday, we will have Holt in our arms if he doesn't come before. The plan going forward is to enjoy a nice night tonight watching the Bachelorette and to try to have as relaxing of a day as possible (my 28th birthday) tomorrow. I am going to get the best present a girl could ask for on Wednesday (if not before)! God is good and I trust in His plan.
As soon as he arrives I will try my best to post pictures. We would ask for all of those that read my blog to say a prayer that labor and delivery will go as smoothly as possible and that Holt will arrive healthy and happy! His parents and many others can't wait to meet him!
Disneyland Trip Day 4- Second Day in the Parks
8 years ago



1 comment:
I'm so excited for yall! You have great progress so I'm sure the induction will go smoothly. You just need a little jump start. :) but I will be praying that it goes quickly! I know y'all are so ready to meet Holt! Can't wait to see pics!
Post a Comment