Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

The Waiting Game

I am currently 39.5 weeks and we are playing the waiting game. I went to the doctor Tuesday and I had progressed to 2 cm. However, my doctor is not pushing induction just yet because she really wants my body to go into labor naturally because she says it should make labor much easier. Even though, we are ready to meet our precious boy, I cannot argue with an expert or nature. My doctor knows best and I have to admit that her reasoning behind her advice is refreshing. She could easily just say we are going to go ahead and induce knowing that it could make labor more difficult and increase my chances for a c-section just to get the baby out but instead, she is really taking my and our son's best interest to heart (even if it means another doctor on call gets to delivery our baby) and for that I am thankful! Plus, I know God has the perfect plan and I have to let go of all my controlling tendencies and trust Him. If May 12th comes and goes, I have an appointment Monday afternoon to see what, if any progress has been made and discuss options at that point. So if I go too far pass the due date, we might have to induce but I am going to leave all those decisions up to my doctor. For now....we just wait and enjoy these last moments as a family of two. My 39 week picture is below. Once Holt makes his debut, I will be sure to let you know!

39 weeks


No comments:

Post a Comment