With that said, we have been doing tummy time with Holt. He has been holding his head up fairly well so we wanted to go ahead and start giving him some time on his belly. Chad and I were doing it on the morning of Memorial Day (Holt was 12 days old) and after about 5 minutes, Holt rolled over from his tummy to his back. We both looked at one another and just assumed it was normal and moved on by putting Holt down for a nap. We went to my parents that afternoon for a cook out and I briefly mentioned that Holt had rolled over during tummy time. Both my parents ignored me thinking that I meant he rolled over to his side not his back. The next day, Chad went to work and my mom and I were hanging out with Holt. We decided to do tummy time with him and Holt rolled over not just once but 3 different times. My mom was astonished. She said that normally babies don't roll over until later and that when I told her about it on Memorial Day that she thought I was exaggerating. She couldn't deny it this time because she saw it with her own eyes and could hardly believe it. After telling a few people about it and getting weird looks as if we were crazy, we decided to video it. I realize this might be perfectly normal for babies to roll over this early but this is our first child so we get excited about everything big and small.
The proof is in the pudding people. He did it! Next step, back flips....just kidding!



No comments:
Post a Comment