Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, November 10, 2012

Yummy Yummy!

We recently fed Holt some yummy food. Since he will be 6 months next week and he has been reaching for our food, I figured it was time to give him something other than milk. He has been getting oatmeal for over a month now but we have been mixing it in his bottle instead of spoon feeding it to him. Therefore I haven't really counted the oatmeal as his first solid food.  I read somewhere to start with veggies instead of fruit so I decided to start with peas. I only gave him a few bites but he really seemed to like it. However, about 3 hours after eating the peas, he started screaming his head off and didn't stop all night. He wasn't running a fever, wasn't hungry, and it didn't seem to be teething. He has never reacted like that before so my only thought was that the peas upset his stomach. He calmed down that morning and went to school. That afternoon the school called and he had a fever of 101. We took him to the doctor and as luck would have it he had a double ear infection. I guess it wasn't the peas after all that made him scream all night! I felt horrible for not knowing what was wrong and that my sweet baby had been in pain throughout the night but we got antibiotics and numbing ear drops which seem to be working very well.

I gave him peas the next 3 nights and then moved on the squash which he liked as well. I am going to keep with squash for several more nights then move on to something else. I only plan  to give him one "meal" a day until we go to his 6 month appointment so we can talk to the doctor in more detail about our next steps.

Here are some pictures of Holt's first taste of peas. Yummy!




1 comment:

The York Family said...

So cute! Love Holt's sweet faces! And Happy Birthday to Chad!!

Post a Comment