Ellington has had a bout with colds since birth and she was a habitual mouth breather. I consistently mentioned her "stuffiness" to the doctor but she really didn't think anything of it until I told her she had started snoring. I mean very loud snoring. So our pediatrician recommended we head back to the ENT and have an x-ray of her adenoids. Well as it turns out on a scale of 1-10 (10 being the largest) Ellington's adenoids were a 9! Poor girl! I felt terrible and wished I had thought to ask the ENT to check her adenoids when we had her appointment for her tubes...but I don't know what I don't know and I didn't know to ask! So we had her adenoids removed in October. The results were amazing. She instantly started talking more, she no longer snores, and her mouth breathing and stuffiness has improved tremendously! I really like our ENT but I hope we don't have to have any more visits with him for awhile if ever.
Disneyland Trip Day 4- Second Day in the Parks
8 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment