Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Holt's 1st Football Game

Holt got to go to his first college football game this year. Now, before I get into it I have to give the disclaimer that in no way is this a declaration of Holt's allegiance to any particular team. Holt can and will make that decision on his own when he is old enough.

As many of you know, my parent's get 4 tickets to all the Alabama home games. Usually, Tyler and Becky go to all of them because they are the one's who graduated from there. Jarod and I went "rogue" and married Auburn cheering spouses making going to the games much more difficult. Add children to the mix and it gets even more complicated. However, Chad mentioned that he thought Holt was old enough to go to a game and we agreed that we would take Holt to one of the "easy" Alabama games. We chose to go the Charleston Southern game and thankfully my dad agreed to go with us which made Chad much more willing to let Holt dress the part. Holt got to wear a red jacket! Holt wasn't very interested in the game but what there was one thing that sparked his interest..."the elephant." Holt spotted Big Al down on the field and he begged for me to take him down to meet him. I took him down towards the end of the 1st quarter and as soon as we got down the fence where Big Al had been standing, Big Al had started to walk over to the other side of the field. So we waited...and waited...and waited. It was getting close to half time at that point and it wasn't looking like Big Al was going to return so we headed back up the our seats for the Million Dollar Band half time show. I was hoping Holt would forget about meeting the elephant but who am I kidding...Holt doesn't forget anything! Sure enough Holt spotted Big Al again on our side so I carried him down as quickly as I could. It turned out to be a big disappointment and if I could have jumped the fenced and given Big Al a piece of mind without going to jail I would have. Big Al totally snubbed us! He was meeting everyone at the fence right next to us and when he got to our portion of the fence he walked away from all who were waiting in that spot. So this mommy isn't to happy with that elephant! Anyway, it was very cold at this point and it was complete domination on Alabama's part so we headed back to the car to go home. 

It was a very special day. Not because we were at an Alabama game but because my dad came with us. He hasn't been to a game in years so it was nice for him to get see all the updates they have done to the stadium and for him to see his beloved Crimson Tide in person, but most importantly he got to take one of his beloved grandson's to his first football game. Its a memory we all will hold very close to our hearts always.






No comments:

Post a Comment