We took 2 beach trips...one to Orange Beach and one to our staple Santa Rosa. I think we will stick with Santa Rosa from now on. We bid on a condo at Turquoise Place down in Orange Beach for a charity event so we were excited to take the kids. The condo was very nice and there were a lot of things for the kids to do such as a playground, lazy river, etc. However, it was packed and the jellyfish were so bad that Holt and Ellington couldn't even stick their toes in the water out of fear they would get stung. Not to mention that the pool was closed down for a day while we were there because a child had an accident. I was just thankful it wasn't one of mine! The car ride home was an adventure too. I drove Holt and Ellington home alone. Holt learned to take off his seat belt which resulted in me having to pull over multiple times to put in back into place. At lunch Holt choked in the middle of the restaurant resulting in me sticking my finger down his throat to get a piece of chicken that was lodged in there. I know they say not to do that but in this case it worked and somehow we all made in home safely in about 7 hours (should have only taken 5).
Santa Rosa on the other hand was the total opposite. Not a lot for the kids to do other than play on the beach and swim in the tiny pool but it was peaceful, quiet, and the water was crystal clear with no jellyfish!
The summer of 2015 also marked a gallbladder removal for me! Yep, that's right. I had a full blown gallbladder attack on July 5th due to gallstones that I never knew I had until the attack. Its not fun people! Very painful (I guess that hot dog on the 4th of July did me in!) Anyway, I had it removed and haven't looked back. I've recovered and done very well!
It also was a health milestone for Holt. His first stitches! While I was laid up in the bed, 2 days post gallbladder removal, I received a call from Holt's school that another child had bitten him on the ear and they thought Holt needed stitches. The same thoughts that are going through your head right now certainly went through mine! I called the pediatrician and they don't do stitches so Chad (I couldn't drive) picked Holt up and headed down to Children's ER where Holt courageously got 3 stitches in his ear and 10 days worth of antibiotics. Not exactly how I thought Holt would receive his first stitches but he recovered with a minimal scar.
When we weren't traveling or recovering from something we were at the pool. I was unsure about joining the club back in December but I am so glad we did. The kids love it and we have a good group of friends that have joined to which makes for good memories as well.
Here are pictures in no particular order.



No comments:
Post a Comment