Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, December 6, 2016

A Letter to Holt and Ellington

Holt and Ellington,

Very soon your baby sister, Emerson, will join our family. What a blessing that will be! But before that time comes, I want to write you a letter to let you know how special each of you are to your dad and me.

Holt, the one who launched us into this adventure of parenthood...oh what an adventure its been! As a baby you lit up the room and had an infectious personality. Nothing has changed as you have grown. You still command your environment in a way that very few can. Its a special quality and one I know will serve you well as you continue to grow. Calm is a word that will never describe you. You are fun, vivacious, and extremely determined in everything you do. A natural born leader you are, an ideal quality to exude as you serve as the older sibling to your always watching sisters. Speaking of siblings, as a brother you are kind and oh so loving to Ellington. You know your place as the older brother and take your role of protector seriously. You are one of Ellington's biggest fans. The relationship you two have developed makes me melt on a daily basis. Its truly special and one that I know will withstand the test of time.  I have no doubt that this same love will shower Emerson too when she makes her debut.

Ellington, our sweet sugar baby. You have enriched our lives tremendously. Too many who don't know you the way we do, they might describe you as shy and quiet. You do observe and approach unknown circumstances with much more caution than Holt, but we know better than to describe you as shy and quiet. In fact you are quite vocal and quick to stand your ground.  You are very witty and your bubbly personality comes to life when you feel comfortable. Your are perceptive and a fast learner. Just like your brother, you too are very determined and unlikely to give up until you succeed at your mission. You love all things girly and you have a caring/motherly quality about you. You LOVE Holt. You call him your best friend. I hope and pray that this will always be. I'm sure you too will come to love your baby sister in the same way you love Holt, but I suspect it might take you a little longer to warm up. That's okay my sweet girl. I know your heart. It is pure, kind, and tender. In your own time you will come to love Emerson in a way that only a big sister can. Oh how lucky she is to have you!

Holt and Ellington, our lives have been so blessed by each of you. There is not a day that goes by that I don't thank God for entrusting your dad and me with you. Now he is blessing us with Emerson and we will take on this calling of raising her with the same seriousness yet joy that we have with both of you. Your role as a sibling is also a gift from God. I know that you will rise to the occasion and be the bright lights God has made you to be.

As exciting as this time is for our family, I cannot lose sight of the fact that your little worlds are about to change with the addition of Emerson. I know there will be times you feel confused and maybe even a little "ignored." Know that is never our intention. Mommy and Daddy's patience might be thin at times but trust that we are always trying to give you our best. Our time and attention will certainly be divided but our love for you will not. As our family grows, so does our love for you. Please don't every forget that. You are our entire world!

We love you both more than words can say and are so excited to watch you grow into the strong individuals and best siblings you can be. Remember to always DREAM BIG my sweet angels!

Love,
Mommy and Daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment