We had a very hard time coming up with a name this time around. It has taken forever because even though Chad is not very picky or opinionated about much, when it comes to our kid's names, he has been the most vocal of all. In fact, he has named all of our children. Believe it or not, Holt was his idea. I'm the one who had to warm up to calling our son what was my last name for so long. I offered up Ellington as an idea but he is the one who woke me up at midnight to tell me that he had decided that would be her name!
When we found out this baby was a girl, Chad had only one request (or so I thought) that Eva be part of her name. Eva was his great grandmother's name so I was happy to oblige the request. I like the name and know it has a lot of meaning to him so we agreed that Eva would be the middle name. He told me that I could pick the first name. Well...what he meant was I could pick the first name as long as he liked it. Don't get me wrong, I would never want to name my child something that Chad didn't love but its just funny to me how opinionated he is when it comes to this particular subject. Its just a little out of his nature but I understand because it is our child's name.
I came up with a name and he agreed so I thought for weeks we had a name picked out. In fact, while I was Indy for training for my new job for two weeks, I told my friends at training what her name was going to be. When I got home, my mom spilled the beans that Chad really didn't like the name. Apparently, Chad told my mom that he didn't like it but he was going to go with it since I liked it. Do you think my mom was going to keep that a secret? Ummm...No! So it was back to the drawing board for baby girl.
There was another name on our list that I really liked and it fit well into the uniqueness of our other kid's names. Other good news was it made this baby's name and Ellington's initials the same so all those monogrammed outfits could really be reused. We let it marinate for a couple of weeks and finally we both felt it was our little girl's name. So without further adiue, our baby girl's name is...
Emerson Eva Long






No comments:
Post a Comment