Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, November 24, 2016

Disney: Day 3 Epcot

Day 3 was our day at Epcot. I was so excited for this park because for some reason Epcot has been a favorite of mine in the past. However, I will say now that with kids of my own Magic Kingdom has become my favorite now. Plus, a lot of the rides at Epcot are out of date. They are working to improve the park but it still has a long way to go.

We had an early morning because we had breakfast reservations at 8:15 at Akershus. The only negative experience we had with the Disney cast involved the monorail on this morning. We got A LOT of miscommunication about the time of the monorail opening so we decided to walk to the ticket and transportation center to hop on the Epcot monorail there. It was not a long walk but we got a little lost on the resort and we came across several unhelpful staff members. Thankfully, a maintenance man saw us wandering aimlessly and walked over to help. He ended up walking with us almost the whole way to the TTC. Once we got there, one of the monorail cast members was so rude to us. In fact, she was so rude that the other cast member working with her tried to make up for her bad behavior by engaging us in conversation. He was super sweet and his effort did not go unnoticed. I don't know what was in the air that morning at Disney but that was the only bad experience we had. Otherwise, the cast members were great.

We arrived at Epcot around 8 and we booked it to Norway. Knowing what I know now, we should have just taken our time. We had to wait in line to check in and get our named called for our table for about 20 minutes once we arrived so we didn't get in the restaurant until around 8:30ish.

Our experience at Akershus might have been one of my favorite! The food was good but the princesses really did a good job and I felt like they spent a decent amount of time at our table. They didn't seem rushed which as a parent I appreciated. Before, we were seated at our table the kids got their picture made with Belle. Once seated, Snow White, Cinderella, Aurora, and Ariel made the rounds. Towards the end of breakfast, the princesses grabbed the kids and they paraded around the restaurant. It was precious! Both Holt and Ellington did great with the characters.








After breakfast we headed to Meet Anna and Elsa at the Royal Sommerhus. We had to wait for about 30 minutes but it was worth the wait. Anna was on point with her cute personality and Elsa was very sweet. 

Then we headed to our first FP for Turtle Talk with Crush. I wasn't sure about this attraction but it was really cute. Its an interactive show with Crush from Finding Nemo. The kids can ask questions and talk to Crush on the screen. They seat the kids on the floor in front of the screen and the adults sit in rows behind the kids. Ellington wouldn't sit with Holt on the floor so she sat with us. We were on the end but in the back so I couldn't see Holt from where we were sitting. Crush asked the kids if they had any questions. A hand went up but it wasn't until Crush said his name on screen that I realized it was Holt. I guess the excitement of the moment got to Holt and when it was time for him to ask his question he forgot what he was going to say. The audience laughed because it was cute and Crush handled it very well but I think it embarrassed Holt a little bit and he ran back to the back to find us. I made a BIG deal of how awesome it was that Crush said his name and that he got to talk to him. That made Holt smile and he went back to his seat on the floor until the show was over. That special moment made the attraction completely worth it. 

After Turtle Time, we went to ride The Seas with Nemo and Friends and spent some time looking at the aquariums. Next we went to the Circle of Life, Living with the Land, Disney and Pixar Short Film Festival, What If Labs, and Journey into Imagination with Figment. We ate lunch at the Electric Umbrella before we went to our next FP at Spaceship Earth. After that, we headed back to the hotel for nap time. 

We had our Frozen Ever After FP at 5:15. At first, I was disappointed that our FP was so late in the day but when I went to book our FPs it was the only time that was available. Since its a new ride, demand is high so I took what we could get. The ride was great and the time actually worked out because after it we hopped over to our dinner reservations at San Angel Inn. 

All day I kept checking the app to see what the wait time was for Soarin. I didn't get a FP orginally because I didn't think the kids would be tall enough to ride. Ellington wasn't but Holt was and I heard it was definitely one we didn't want to miss. During dinner, I was able to get a FP for after dinner. I am so glad we got to ride it. It might be my favorite ride at Disney. It was thrilling but yet gentle. In fact, I think Ellington would have loved it had she been able to ride. My mom, Holt, and me went first. Then with rider switch Chad, Holt, and myself were able to go two more times. By the time we rode it 3 times, Illuminations had just finished and the park was closing so we raced our way to the monorail. Thankfully we didn't have to wait long for the monorail and we called it a night. 

I wish we had been able to spend more time visiting the countries. When we go back our kids will be older and I will not be with child so our plan is to make our way "Around the World." I just didn't have it in me this go around and I don't think that Holt and Ellington would have enjoyed/appreciated it as much as doing the attractions. 














No comments:

Post a Comment