Now, I have to give the disclaimer that I do not plan to live vicariously through my daughters. If they love dancing as much as I did then that is wonderful but I am not going to force the artform on them. I do however, want to encourage ALL my children to find something that they love and want to spend time practicing and devoting time to outside of just school. I attribute a lot of the discipline and work ethic that I have today to the time and effort I put into dance and I want my kids to find something that they are passionate about too.
Ellington is taking at the same dance studio where I took. Its in a different building now but the same teacher that taught me when I was little taught Ellington her first few classes. Now, a girl that I grew dancing with is her teacher.
I have to be honest...the first few classes were rough. Ellington is my shy child when you compare her to Holt. It takes her time to warm up to strangers and out of the norm situations. She has to observe and assess before she dives into something which is something I actually love about her! She cried through the first couple of classes. I think mainly because she didn't like me leaving the room. But once she realized that I was right outside the door and could see me watching her through the window she has done great ever since. She really gets into now and gives it her all when she is there.
The class is only 30 minutes. They do tap for 15 and ballet for 15. She claims ballet is her favorite but from the looks of it she seems to like both equally. I have very much enjoyed this season of being a girl mom!
| Getting fitted for her first tap and ballet shoes! |



No comments:
Post a Comment