Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, November 27, 2016

Disney: Day 6 Hollywood Studios


Our last park day at Disney was spent at Hollywood Studios. I had planned for us to get to the park at opening and head straight to meet Woody and Buzz Lightyear. However, our morning did not go to plan.

As we were getting ready, Ellington started having a complete meltdown. She cried, and cried, and cried and wouldn't let anyone soothe her. My first thought was that her tummy was hurting which is the first sign of the stomach bug we had all had. I sent Chad and Holt to the park and my mom, Ellington, and I stayed behind. After A LOT of tears, Ellington finally calmed down. She climbed back into her bed and went to back to sleep. My poor baby was exhausted. We let her sleep for another 2 hours and when she woke she was back to her happy self. We loaded up and headed to the park to meet up with Holt and Chad. 

During their time alone at the park, Holt and Chad accomplished quite a bit. They met Woody and Buzz Lightyear, Jake, Pluto again, rode the Star Wars ride, and rode the Great Movie ride.












When my mom, Ellington, and I got to the park we headed towards the Little Mermaid for our FP. I texted Chad and they met up with us even though they didn't have a FP for the show. They didn't need one. The show was cute but I still laugh about the ending. It ended so abruptly. Everyone was looking around expecting more but nothing...it was over.

By then, it was time for our lunch reservations at Hollywood and Vine where we met Sophia, Jake, Doc McStuffins, and Handy Manny. I really enjoyed this lunch. I felt like the characters spent a lot of time with Holt and Ellington and the restaurant wasn't super crowded so it felt somewhat peaceful. It was a nice way to conclude our character meals.

After lunch, my mom, Holt, Ellington, and I went to our FP at Disney Junior while Chad went to his FP for Tower of Terror. Chad actually got to do the Tower twice because the lines were low but he waited for a good while to do the Aerosmith roller-coaster. The kids liked the Disney Junior show and I'm glad we were sitting in the back because they wanted to stand up and dance around. They wouldn't allow those in front to stand up and dance because they might block other's view.

Next up was our we went the Frozen Ever After Sing Along. This show is funny and of course the fact that the kids could sing along with the poplular Frozen songs was a huge hit!

This day was probably our hottest day of our whole trip so after the show we met back up with Chad and took a little break with some frozen lemonades. Then we went to meet Olaf.

We went to the Muppet Show which was not worth the stop but we had time to kill before our FP for Toy Story Mania. Originally our FP was for the morning but due to the morning we had with Ellington I moved our reservation to the afternoon. The only time I could get on that short of notice was at 3:30. Well, we got to Toy Story and only one line was up and running so they were only allowing FP reservations to enter the ride. We were about 30 minutes early for our FP and they wouldn't let us in until the exact time. By this point, my pregnant self was done (and I think the exhaustion of the trip had started to effect everyone else too). It was so hot and the crowds had really picked up at this point. We debated leaving. I tried to justify that Holt and Ellington would never know what they missed but I knew in the back on my mind that I would regret not sticking it out. Honestly this was the one ride at Hollywood Studios that I really wanted the kids and us to do. So I rallied myself and the troops and we waited for our time to enter the ride. We still had to wait in line for about 20 minutes but I think the wait was well worth it. Holt and Ellington loved it and it was a great way to end our time at Disney.

After that we booked it out of the park and headed back to the hotel to pack up. We went to bed early and departed from the most magical place on earth the next day. We were back in Birmingham by lunch on that Sunday.





Overall our trip was nothing short of magical. The kids still talk about it to this day and Chad has already said he wants to go back. Having my mom there was not only helpful (I have no idea how we would have done it without her) but I love the fact that Holt and Ellington will have the memories of her being there with us. We likely won't make our next trip until baby #3 is closer to 3 but it was a great family vacation that none of us will ever forget! Well worth the time and money put into planning this voyage!


No comments:

Post a Comment