Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, November 20, 2016

Disney World: Day 1

We headed to Disney World the week of Labor Day. I started planning the trip back in the fall so this trip was a long time coming.

Chad and of course, the kids had never been to the most "Magical Place on Earth" so I wanted to make sure that every detail of the trip was planned (and hopefully executed) to make our time there enjoyable and not stressful. My mom joined us for the trip which made things so much easier. Its always nice to have extra hands to help.

We woke up on Labor Day and Tinkerbell had come to visit. She brought Holt and Ellington some essentials that she thought was necessary for them to have for our trip. We decided to fly so we booked the direct flight via Southwest on Labor Day and we arrived in Orlando around mid day. It was the kids first time flying and they did great! Holt got a little scared when we took off but other than that he was fine. We took the Magical Express to our hotel, The Polynesian. Our stop was first on the route and we didn't have to worry about luggage because Disney picked up our luggage at baggage claim and it appeared in our room a few hours later. We got settled in our room and got ready to head to dinner at Chef Mickey's.

In my opinion, Chef Mickey's was the perfect way to introduce the kids to what they were in store for the remainder of the trip. The fab five were there and the atmosphere is very upbeat and fast paced. Holt immediately took to the characters but Ellington was not so quick to warm up. She preferred to observe which is in complete Ellington fashion. I figured she would take a little longer to come around. By the end of the dinner, she did get up to take a picture with Donald. Either way it was a fun interaction with the characters and a great way to start our trip. After dinner, we headed back to the hotel to get in bed so we were ready for our early morning at Magic Kingdom.

The only negative that occurred on our first day was the dreaded stomach bug came to visit. Holt had stayed home with the stomach bug that previous Friday. My mom had to keep him because I was out of town for work and Chad had to go into the office. The bug only lasted 24 hours but wouldn't you know that my mom came down with the same bug on Saturday. It really hit her hard. So bad that she wasn't sure if she would be well enough to travel with us on that Monday. Thankfully, Sunday night she started to feel like herself and she was ready to go by Monday. I, however, woke on Monday just feeling a little strange. I really dislike flying so I chalked up my weird feeling to that fact were about to get on a plane and being with child I couldn't take my "calming" medication like I normally do. Throughout the day, I kept feeling strange and by the time we got to the hotel I knew I was likely coming down the bug. However, I pressed on and refused to miss any aspect of the trip that I had worked so hard to plan. I didn't eat anything at Chef Mickey's and when we returned back to the hotel room, the stomach bug hit me. My mom had her own room that joined with ours so I decided to sleep in her room for the night since the bug had already hit her but had yet to hit Chad and Ellington. Thankfully, I had a mild case and only got sick one time. By morning, I was ready to go! The fear loomed in the back on my head that the bug could still make its way through the rest of the family but I kept those fears at bay and we went about our day with a very positive outlook and ready to tackle the Magic Kingdom!










No comments:

Post a Comment